I love Chase at 2.5 years old. Yes, I dont think its the terrible two.. here are 10 things I love about Chase at two..
1) Just yesterday I told him we are going to My Gym and as I was picking up a t-shirt for Chase, he said “No..no” and he picked up his My Gym t-shirt cos he wanted to wear that to My Gym. Cool! He is growing up so fast and know what I am talking about.
Chase's fav tee
- Chase’s fav tee
2) He said “Ice cream ke ke”..means Eat ice cream will cough..”ke ke” is cough in Chinese, everytime he cough. There was once when he requested for ice cream so I told him before that if he eat ice cream, he is likely to get a cough and if he still want ice cream? He said yes ice cream. So I figured he need to go through the consequences to learn so we had ice cream, he started to get a cough a few hours later. Then I started brainwashing him every time he cough. I told him ice cream caused the “ke ke”..hence nowadays its “ice cream ke ke” when he got a little cough. 🙂
3) He go pee by himself..how cool is that? When I told him its time to go pee, he will go switch on the light, lift up the toilet seat, standing on his tippy toes and pee. He will also flush the toilet..hooray!
4) He has his own meals without help (yes, its messy but totally worth it).
5) After having a regular routine of fruit juice first thing in the morn and smoothie the next thing in the morn. He will request for these. Hehehe..he used to refuse smoothie but now he will ask for “smookti”..how cool is that!
6) He like to help out at the kitchen. So I will put him on the countertop. I will cut up the vegs and he will put them into the pot. I will also ask him for his opinion e.g. “Chase, do you want corn in your soup?” He will tell me “yes or no”.
7) He love birthday parties..ALOT. He will groove, dance and clap his hands to the birthday song..so u can guess one of his fav songs is “Happy Birthday”. He enjoyed Mymo’s 1st birthday party and anticipated in the games.
Its like Chase's birthday!
See how he dance to the music
8) He carefully piece his words together. “Want..to..watch..tv” “mama..wake..up” “go..away” “come..back”..its amazing I did not tell him to say these words but he picked up by listening to us.
9) He demanded I wear the necklace he made.
Necklace loaded with Chase's toys
10) I was previously worried that he doesn’t like to read cos when he is less than 2 years old, he said “no storybook” everytime I ask him. Now, he must read storybooks before tuning into bed. He will even cry if I told him storytelling session is enough after 1/2 hr. Curious George, Richard Scarry’s, 1001 sea creatures/ wizards/ towns to spot..he love them all
His current fav book
So who say its the terrible two? its the Terrify Two!